[Talk-ca] CanVec Building Import

Michel Gilbert michcasa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 01:22:51 GMT 2009

Hi everyone,

1) I propose some modifications at the CanVec OSM Map Features for
buildings:

-          CanVec Customs Post --> remove security=yes --> security is not
an OSM tag

-          CanVec  Municipal hall (point) --> replace
building=municipal_hall for building=yes -->  we already have
amenity=townhall

-          CanVec  Municipal hall (point) --> remove building:use=office

-          CanVec Police station (point) --> remove
building:use=police_station --> we already have amenity=police

-          CanVec Railway Station (point) --> remove
building:use=train_station --> we already have railway=station

-          CanVec Penal Building (point) --> remove
building:use=prison -->we already have amenity=prison

If you agree, I can make the changes in the wiki.

2) What are the CanVec Common tags. I propose the following ones. You can
add yours unless there are somewhere in the wiki.

-          k="created_by" v="FME-CanvecBuildings2OSM" where v is the name of
the script used to create the import

-          k="canvec:uuid" v="baff4218d4ff45d18c0643e63906aab9" where v is
the BDG_ID CanVec attribute

-          k="canvec:source" v="Buildings_and_Structures_3.0" where v is the
Canvec theme + CanVec version

-          k="canvec:datasetName" v="022A09" where v is the DATASET_NAME
CanVec attribute

3) Do you known if point feature tagged as building=yes are rendered in
Mapnik. It does not seem to be displayed ???

-- cheers

Michel

--
Michel Gilbert