[Talk-ca] Canada roads

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 22:46:52 GMT 2009

Hi Michael,

Thanks, thats brilliant!
I dont know Oracle, but can understand.

> As for the tags what do you mean?   How is your layout setup right now?
>
> Michael

Perhaps there is a way to add an attribute tag 'is_in=*'?

Jason, Michel & Steve are the ones who are physially doing the import,
and the talk-ca list everyone is providing great feedback.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Geobase_NRN_-_OSM_Map_Feature
Shows the charts and details (not sure if it needs to be updated).

(i think) we chose not to use StatsCan because of it's outdated data,
and infrequent updates. .. however that doesnt mean that options are
closed :)

Michael Mepham, from NRCan GeoBase told us that they should have a
timetable 'soon' for when the other provinces road data will be
available. .. Whats holding it down is that actual agreements need to
be made down to the municipalities and up to the  provinces to get the
data available.

So if there is another way that would also work, that would be great
to explore further.

Cheers,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails