[Talk-ca] NRN Fort McMurray area data

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 04:32:24 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 8:51 PM, Steve Singer <ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Based on the response I've gotten on the Fort McMurray area I'm
> going to implement some of the times discussed then import the standalone
> roads around Fort McMurray.  Unless I hear some objections I will try to
> find time on the weekend to do this.

Phew, good thing I'm back in Edmonton, and not in danger of having OSM
ways dropped on my head while in McMurray. I tracked the new twinned
highway on the way into McMurray with my GPS... well, I missed the
first half mile while I was digging my GPS out of my console, turning
it on, waiting for it to get a lock, and getting the tracking enabled.
Did much worse sitting in the parking lot on the way home... thought I
had the tracking enabled, but when I got to the end of the new road,
found my track log empty!

I do have another new road in the database though... gotta show up
those GeoBase guys, show them how much faster OSM can move versus the
government's slow cogs.

> Once that data is in the live OSM database we can discuss how we want to
> proceed (do the rest of Northern Albert or make more changes...)

I'm going to have another poke through the data again. I have some
more detailed investigation to do, but I'll make sure it happens
before midnight Friday to keep from holding up progress.

James
VE6SRV