[Talk-ca] NRN Fort McMurray area data

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 21:01:17 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Steve Singer <ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> The data has been imported. It should show up in all the normal OSM places.
>
> The full (all NRN roads in the area) .osm can be found at
> http://www.mediafire.com/?mall1ma3svt
>
> People should feel free to find/add in any roads that were missed.
>
> If feedback is positive I can continue to import areas in Alberta.

Okay, now that the data shows up in an editor that I am familiar with,
I have identified another possible issue for people.

The GeoBase standalone file contains nodes and ways that are only
found in the GeoBase data. The RoadMatcher script identifies roads
that are in the OSM database, and matches them with the GeoBase roads,
and if a match is found, drops the GeoBase road in favour of an OSM
road.

So, where a GeoBase road intersects, or joins up to an OSM road, you
will need to do a manual join to get the road network to interface.
The node at the end of the GeoBase way will not be a node that is
common to the OSM database.

I am working my way through the new uploaded GeoBase data, stitching
both databases together manually.

James
VE6SRV