[Talk-ca] Lake Cowichan Now loaded (more of sample 092c area)

Austin Henry ahenry-osm at canoe.staticcling.org
Wed Jun 17 06:52:56 BST 2009

- Sam Vekemans arranged a host of electrons thusly: -
> Hi all,
> (Sorry if im making too much traffic)
>
> Anyway, because of the IMMENSE volume of data that i'll be loaded, i feel
> its important to keep everyone uptodate, so that you all (everyone) has a
> chance to speak now, and yell at me about errors. :-)

A couple of things jump out at me.

The first is that Lakeview Provincial Park is tagged a a place=city,
which makes rendering somewhat, uh, odd.  Never mind that it's just
wrong :)  And leisure=nature_reserve, vs. leisure=park?  That one's a
judgement call though, and I'm content to let you make it.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/422233273

For the little creeks (I'm looking at wardropper creek
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/36175122), does the data
indicate a name on the creek itself, or only on the label node?
Searching for this data later on is going to be a gigantic pain if
you've only got the nodes with names.

Anyway, off to bed.  There's so much data that I'm sure there are other
little niggles here too. I'm not meaning to rain on your parade, Sam,
just trying to help you get things right before going whole-hog.

peace,
	Austin.

--
Build a man fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.