[Talk-ca] [nzopengis] Re: OpenStreetMap LINZ?

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 10:35:51 GMT 2009

Me too, Although im still in the editing stage, the shp-to-osm.jar script
works great as an easy and simple converter. (easier than shp2osm.py or .pl)
IMO
Have you guys tried it with your data?

I havent heard anything (nor did i ask) if it effects the GeoBase/CanVec
import. Just reading the ODBL wiki page, trying to grasp it.  ... most
likely it doesn't (otherwise i would have heard something by now) :-)

But it think it's a good idea, to double check the source=* tags im using,
and the method of import noted.   and to check with the main
talk at openstreetmap.org list so this issue (bulk importing) can be addressed.

Cheers,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails

P.S. im happy to help share my experiences with this project so then the
linz import will be even easier & better :)   - Just ask :)

PPS. I too have a hunch that manual mapping in Canada has slowed down. ..
and caused me to speed up ... fortunately the weather is on my side :-)