[Talk-ca] canvec2osm v0.09 now available

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 15:26:19 GMT 2009

Hi all,The download files are available on my site
http://www.acrosscanadatrails.com/Home/canvec2osm0_09.zip

I have created a sample of Sherbrooke QC, and Vancouver City & South
Vancouver Delta area.
(as these are the most recient version)

http://www.acrosscanadatrails.com/Home/osmsamplearea021e05SherbrookQC.zip
http://www.acrosscanadatrails.com/Home/geobasesamplearea021e05SherbrookQC.zip
http://www.acrosscanadatrails.com/Home/not4osmsamplearea021e05SherbrookQC.zip

http://www.acrosscanadatrails.com/Home/osmsamplearea092g03lowerVancouver.zip
http://www.acrosscanadatrails.com/Home/geobasesamplearea092g03lowerVancouver.zip
http://www.acrosscanadatrails.com/Home/not4osmsamplearea092g03lowerVancouver.zip

If you have a request for an area that you want to see, let me know.

I changed the script a little to make a separate folder for the contours &
roads, as they are not needed for this set. as well as where the NTS border
is.

For version 0.10 I will have the NHN all sorted out, but for now, you can
see and compare existing OSM data with the canvec data available.

I have carefully gone through the rules.txt file, and again it's available
as a google doc for anyone to view.
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=d2d8mrd_179gnhs54cw&hl=en

I have made more edits and have gone through the 11 themes again, so now the
list of "to-be-proposed"  features is smaller.
I am making 'stub' pages, for all those tags that show up as 'red', in hopes
that others will be able to help out and create the proposal pages.  There
are a few that i feel strongly that it should have it's own
tag/rendering/icon, but others which are marginal. ... -Depending on what
activities your interested in, features would stand out more.

#proposed feature (no presets)
line,CODE,1080021,natural,esker
outer,CODE,1350052,landuse,peat_cutting
point,CODE,1460040,natural,rocks
outer,CODE,1460092,sub_sea,reef
inner,CODE,1460092,sub_sea,reef
point,CODE,2010300,building,satellite_tracking_station
outer,CODE,2010302,building,satellite_tracking_station
point,CODE,2060010,amenity,chimney
point,CODE,2060030,man_made,chimney
point,CODE,2060040,man_made,chimney
point,CODE,2060040,type,flare_stack
point,CODE,2070010,amenity,theatre
point,CODE,2070010,drive_in,yes
outer,CODE,2070012,amenity,theatre
outer,CODE,2070012,drive_in,yes
point,CODE,2080010,man_made,storage
point,CODE,2080010,type,liquid_storage_tank
outer,CODE,2360012,landuse,industrial
outer,CODE,2360012,type,auto_wrecker
point,CODE,2380010,landuse,reservoir  (needs ICON)
point,CODE,2440010,man_made,tower
point,CODE,2440010,contents,silage
point,CODE,2440010,height,>20
point,CODE,2530040,man_made,fire_tower