[Talk-ca] The great UUID debate (Was Re: 092G area)

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 05:39:46 BST 2009

Ok,
as long as by 'us' you mean 'not me' :-)
'cause i dont know how to 'trivially' use UUID as a tool like that.

Have you tested that?

I can put a note on the readme.txt file, and on the wiki about it.

Do we have a seconder for this change? (its a BIG change)

I dont mind adding it in, but it will just mean that ...

The other users who started copying in data, will need to search for
'canvec:CODE' and delete the features, then drop in the new .osm file.

:)
i guess it would be python, as the sorcery of choice.

To Imports list, has anyone proven uuid to actually be effective?