[Talk-ca] address:block - brain storming

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 20:47:04 BST 2009

So in other words, the preference is to make it more confusing for the
right-brain/left-brain ..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_brain :-)

Ok, i caved...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_numbering#Block_numbers

*Block <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_block> numbers are a system of
assigning numbers based on distance rather than strictly sequentially.
Typically, each block is assigned 100 numbers, such that the building
numbers on that block vary only in the two least significant digits. For
example, in Washington, D.C. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington,_D.C.>,
the block of 7th Street, N.W., between D and E streets, N.W., is designated
as the 400 block, meaning that building numbers on that block are in the
range from 400 to 499 inclusive. It is common to indicate block numbers on
street signs."*

... looking at the house you need to go to, for me it's easier to look at
the house number range, then looking at the exact one when i get to that
block. ... otherwise i speed by

... So maybe when we start rendering individual residential property lines,
that area can be tagged with the house number. ... but zoomed out. .. having
a block number makes it easy for me to know where i am ;-)

... ya, i'll make a wiki page..... but not now :)

Twitter: @Acrosscanada

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Pierre-Luc Beaudoin <pierre-luc at pierlux.com