[Talk-ca] Newbie to the Canadian mapping scene looking for examples of well mapped areas

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 04:07:07 BST 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Marc Provencher <marc at marcprovencher.com>wrote:

> I finally understand what you mean by using Toporama as a WMS layer in
> JOSM.
>
> Can Potlatch make use of these WMS servers as well?
>
> Marc.

I cc'd the talk-ca list, as it's a FAQ

No, not yet.  RichardF (who works on development of Potlatch, says that for
version 3 it will be available).   But for now JOSM works well for it.
There is also the option to right-click on the layer and choose 'change
resolution'  as this will produce a different map scale render of Toporama.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/NXtuZSu3dD_7XThjCcAa8g?feat=directlink

BTW, the background is the GeoBase Aboriginal Lands. ... (i'll announce it
later)

BTWW,  Empress, Alberta is also proving to become the best mapped place
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.95553&lon=-110.00899&zoom=17&layers=B000FTF

cheers,
Sam