[Talk-ca] [gvcc-members] Vancouver moves ahead on major bike lane artery

Darren Ewaniuk darren_ewaniuk at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 02:58:42 BST 2010

I think the wiki entry for Bicycle covers this case  If the cycleway was drawn as a separate way, the cycleway would be a way where highway=cycleway.
Alternately you can tag the main road way with cycleway=track if you don't want to create a separate way for it.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bicycle#Cycle_tracks

From: nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] [gvcc-members] Vancouver moves ahead on major bike	lane artery

You guys know what a separated cycle lane is?!4 metres, minus the concrete barrier? I guess that is a bi-directional lane at that exciting width.
If it's alongside the road it would normally be tagged on the highway way as cycleway=track (rather than lane) http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Cycleway
I'm not sure if there is a proposed tagging, although looking at the Europe tagwatch there are 82 uses of cycleway=proposed http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/Europe/En/keystats_cycleway.html and 26 uses of cycleway=construction.

As there is already a cycle lane there, I would leave it as that. Maybe changing to cycleway=construction (which might not show on the cyclemap) when construction starts (assuming it makes the cycle lane non-existent) and then of course to track.

Do you have details of where we can complete the survey?