[Talk-ca] Searching for addresses...

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 16:45:33 BST 2010

Address searching is done by different software. Nominatim
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim is the usual one.
Maperitive has its own find for local maps.  It now looks as if
Canadian postcodes are supported via Geocoder.CA which is a big
improvement, they were only supported before if entered incorrectly
without the space on the map.

Nominatim is aware of some locations such as Ontario but finds ON in
an address difficult to determine even with a country added.  It works
best with UK addresses as the developer is UK based.  Country specific
code gets added slowly.

Cheerio John