[Talk-ca] Over-classification of rural roads in Canvec data?

Tyler Gunn tyler at egunn.com
Mon Aug 16 16:22:51 BST 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 08:52:14 -0600, Brent Fraser <bfraser at geoanalytic.com>
wrote:
> Tyler,
>
>    Have you considered using the 1:20k data published by the Manitoba
> government?  I think the license is compatible with OSM's, but you'd
have
> have a look at it.
>
> https://mli2.gov.mb.ca/  (free registration required for downloading)
> (Click on "Topographic Maps" -> "1:20,000 Seamless")
>
> The transportation file has roads with 10 to 20 classes....
>
> Best Regards,
> Brent Fraser

Hey Brent,
Thanks for that; it looks like there's quite a wealth of data available
there!!!  I am going to have to read over the license again and make sure
it's compatible; there is a LOAD of data in there that I could make use of,
including municipal boundaries, building shapes, etc.
The road network is also quite comprehensive as you say and has a wealth
of classification data that could supplement the Canvec data quite nicely.

Great to see there is yet another useful resource out there!

Thanks,
Tyler

Tyler Gunn
tyler at egunn.com