[Talk-ca] [OpenStreetMap] #3188: Coastal intermittent water representation - Canvec

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 26 20:41:47 BST 2010

On 26-8-2010 20:49, Bégin, Daniel wrote:

> I (now) understand that features are discussed on the wiki but decision are taken on Tagging list.  Am I right ?-)

Decision is too strong a wording. "Intent to Use" sounds much better to
me. The wiki, although often used and cited in these cases, does not
have the last word in actual usage and acceptance of a tag. Only actual
usage itself has that.

> I'll write a note on the wiki water_content page, what else should I do to make things properly?

It would perhaps be best to announce the intent to use the water_cover
tags for the CanVec imports more publicly. The wiki probably isn't the
best place for that. The lists have a much better distribution, whereas
in the wiki people only 'stumble into' articles. The wiki is not nearly
as in-your-face as the lists.

Also keep in mind that a decision taken a year ago can be obsoleted by
current tagging practices.

--
Lennard