[Talk-ca] Intermittent water

Bégin, Daniel Daniel.Begin at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Aug 26 21:29:01 BST 2010

Hi folks,

Since last year I have been working with the Canadian Osm community to have the entire Canadian 50K map content (Canvec product) available in .osm format.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CanVec

The product is now available and is being uploaded in osm database by the Canadian community ...
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=44.354&lon=-79.343&zoom=9&layers=M
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.1841&lon=-66.4949&zoom=12&layers=M

The intermittent water  tagging schema used was this one http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Water_cover.

It was chosen with the community, mainly because it was very similar to the original data schema (Canvec product) but also because the wiki pages were saying that the proposal was still at Draft stage (not deprecate).

Can we still have discussion about that and have it approved - even if it is a bit late ?-)

Regards,

Daniel