[Talk-ca] Administrative boundaries of Québec

Nicolas Gignac gignacnic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 18:04:31 GMT 2010

Bonjour,

I sent your comments to the person (managing the Administrative boundaries)
I know on how to contribute their datasets to OSM.
After talking to him, I was woundering if a WMS connection of their datasets
can be used and integrated directly in openstreetmap.ca as context layer (if
they are agreed to), the same as the one built by Frank :
http://mijndev.openstreetmap.nl/~fsteggink/quebec_admin.html<http://mijndev.openstreetmap.nl/%7Efsteggink/quebec_admin.html>
or the same context as Yahoo Imagery layer that can be used for data editing
?
So both organisation can benefit from each other : OSM could use outsourcing
data to improve its own map and data producer can contribute to OSM but
still securing their own datasets.
Is there any possibilities for that kind of option or agreement for an
outsourcing context layer as WMS to be integrated in OSM ?

Au plaisir,

Nicolas