[Talk-ca] 031H05 and 031H12 Canvec Import

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 18 02:26:19 GMT 2010

Frank Steggink wrote:
> because this can lead to conflicts. I'm not sure what the upload order
> is of nodes, ways, and relations. In any case, JOSM should keep features
> (nodes + ways + relations) together as much as possible.

It doesn't, but I asked for it: http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/4299

I have done 50k+ object uploads, where the first changeset had 50k
nodes, and the second changeset had the remaining nodes + all ways.

The ordering logically is: nodes -> ways -> relations.

There also seem to be some issues where relations have other relations
as members, and the member relations are not uploaded before the parent
relation, but you probably won't encounter that during imports.

--
Lennard