[Talk-ca] canvec mep feature 1150012 10- Coastal water - (Eau côtière) = Ocean - ( Océan )

Bégin, Daniel Daniel.Begin at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Feb 19 18:56:39 GMT 2010

Hi,

Concerning Intermittent water, how could we make sure to have it  rendered through mapnik and osmarender?

Daniel

> Concerning Osm, there is no water level definition for the moment but there is a proposed feature that match perfectly (*)!
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Water_cover

Sure, we should use it.  That proposal has been around since 2007.
This sometimes happens with things on the wiki; people move on and start using the tag but the wiki lies unchanged.  OsmDoc shows us that the tag is already in use.

http://osmdoc.com/en/tag/water/#values