[Talk-ca] More Google Copying

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 01:47:03 GMT 2010

http://geodepot.statcan.gc.ca/2006/180506051805140305/06180505162102/92-500-072305/2009001/qual-eng.htm

*Elections Canada Geographic Database*
In 1993, Elections Canada started to compile the Elections Canada Geographic
Database, using data from the Street Network Files, National Topographic
Database and Digital Chart of the World. Paper maps were created for areas
not covered by the Street Network Files and were distributed to the
Elections Canada returning officers, who added the road names with
information from the field. Elections Canada updated the road network with
new roads and added the road names but not address ranges.

So it could have been from NTDB data origionally, but the road name could
have been copied down wrong by the elections Canada officer.   Where the
purpose was really to just get 'a' roadname, as the actual statistics
package was what they were after.
... and it appears that the data quality would also very across the
country.   In which case, sliding it to where the GeoBaseNRN says the roads
are, would be the best bet.