[Talk-ca] [nzopengis] Fwd: Local OSM entity...

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jul 5 13:29:41 BST 2010

Sam Vekemans wrote:
> Any reason why OSM is not promoted within the OSGeo Community? (maybe
> it is in New Zealand? But it isnt in  Canada. Which i think it should
> be more.
>
> It seems to me that if more OSMrs want to get noticed professionally,
> then the step forward is for more people to try on OSGeo hats.
> Rather than trying to re-invent the wheel, as for the 'Outside world'
> to use OSM, they need tools & methods that OSGeo can provide.

Well said Sam.

Here's a thought: how about, in the next 2 years, we hold a joint event
here in Canada, organized by OSM Canada and the Canada chapter of OSGeo
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Canada)?  It would be a SoTM and FOSS4G
co-event (both events would keep their name, but would be at the same venue)

How's that for food for thought??!!!??!!!

Very do-able!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna