[Talk-ca] Misspelled British Columbia in Protected Areas data

Adam Dunn dunnadam at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 22:51:14 BST 2010

Since nobody suggested tag changes, I'll use it as is. Ogr2osm doesn't seem
to output correct API0.6 files, so I had to run
sed 's/visible="true"/visible="true" version="1"/g' < protarea.osm >
protareafixed.osm
to get a file that Osmosis would accept. Then I used Osmosis to break the
protected areas file into 8 degree wide slices. They are still a little
large (03 is the largest at 26MB), but more manageable than the full
national file of 76MB. The slices are done to correspond with the NTS tile
system, with a slice covering from the southernmost extent of Canada up to
the North Pole, for each major NTS tile number. For example, protarea06.osm
has the protected areas in NTS tiles 62, 63, ..., 69. Get the files from
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d74d77d04bb845901ba3d19099489ef0ca4c8a9c2e12b667c4068d34252967f47349ab05b07cdd7c970bc265689849e1

Adam