[Talk-ca] Merging CanVec data, updating status

Daniel Begin jfd553 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 31 12:22:33 BST 2010

Hi Michael and all

I have set up a " Canvec Import - Work in progress" section in the wiki...

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canvec

It aims at keeping track of what is going on with Canvec Import.  It doesn't
aim at keeping an history of what have been done, neither to manage what
have not been done yet.   Just keeping track of area people are actually
importing.

And it may be easier to maintain than the Google chart !-)

If you wish to import Canvec to a "white space" in OSM, just look at the
wiki...

- If it is listed as "Work in progress", choose an other area;

- If not, register the tile (NTS number) in the wiki and start to import;

- When finished, just remove the tile name from the wiki.

Of course, everyone is free to use it or not :-)

Cheers,

Daniel

  _____