[Talk-ca] Ottawa Bus stops

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 23:30:21 BST 2010

I've had a discussion with the only other local mapper I'm aware of in
Ottawa and we are proposing the following for Ottawa bus stops, which I've
entered in the wiki.  There is a GTFS feed available for Ottawa and verbally
I've been assured the data is available under an acceptable license.

OC tranpo's system has a four digit number on all the stops otherwise known
as the GTFS stop_code which is of value since their route planner doesn't
always take into account footpaths.  The GTFS stop_name is displayed
internally to the driver and on a good day gets announced.

So this proposal is to get agreement on how the stops should be imported if
need be and to give guidance to local mappers before then.

Thoughts?

Thanks John

Ottawa Bus stops

Use the four digit number (GTFS stop_code) as the name, followed by the GTFS
stop_name if available. The number is visible on the stop and allows the
Route Planner to be used, the GTFS stop_name is displayed to the bus driver
before the stop. Two stops may have the same stop_name but different
stop_codes.