[Talk-ca] Ottawa Bus stops

simon at mungewell.org simon at mungewell.org
Thu Jun 10 00:05:18 BST 2010

> Use the four digit number (GTFS stop_code) as the name, followed by the
> GTFS
> stop_name if available. The number is visible on the stop and allows the
> Route Planner to be used, the GTFS stop_name is displayed to the bus
> driver
> before the stop. Two stops may have the same stop_name but different
> stop_codes.

Calgary has similar numbers on their bus stops, see:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24244464@N03/2865020006/in/set-72157607339923902/

I have been entering these as (for example):
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/297633017

Each stop has a 'human name' which might be duplicated across a number of
physical stops (especially as interchanges), which can be found on (but is
hard to 'scrape') the Calgary Transit website:
http://tripplanning.calgarytransit.com

"#4590 - SB CE ST at N OF BEDDINGTON BV NW"

Another thing to note is that 'stop number' can also be pre-pended to for
a information line telephone number.

I'd be interested in how you plan to link the stops into a route, and
whether you are using seperate nodes, or marking nodes within a way.

Simon