[Talk-ca] I'd like to run something to add a French street name tag in Ottawa

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 23:54:07 BST 2010

Basically restricted to Ottawa (how?)

If highway and no tag name:fr exists and second word in name is street

then add tag name:fr first value is "rue + first word from name"  Note lower
case rue here.

If that one works correctly then I'd like to repeat it for

Avenue=avenue
Crescent=crossiant
Road=chemin
Drive=promenade
Boulevard=boulevard
Lane=ruelle

Suggestions please.  Note the French has been verified as correct and this
will allow me to display French streets names in Ottawa.  Politically that
would be very helpful as a lever in getting the City's data under ODbL
license.

If some one else could run this for me I'd be grateful since I haven't done
something like this before.

Thanks John