[Talk-ca] Canvec entities

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 11:34:21 GMT 2010

Hi Daniel,

I just finished updating about 1/2 of the spreadsheet. (it's getting
late over here)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=rP0soJiyFhapKZbRLYZ74zA&output=html

(editing key)
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Am70fsptsPF2clAwc29KaXlGaGFwS1piUkxZWjc0ekE&hl=en

It now lists the descriptions and the entities in french, as well as
lists comments for each.
Some of the tags have been changed (since i am now a bit more
proficient in OSM :)
and there are a few more that need to be looked at.

I'll be adding in the wiki references to it & list the status
proposed/draft/in-use.

I've also added the columns for Garmin Mapsource, as that's what i'll
be using to work on re-producing the Ibycus Topo (so it ends up having
even better cross-referencing of features).  (and creating a custom
typ file set to make the Across Canada Trails - Garmin map)

In OSM, we dont directly compare the entities from Garmin MapSource,
as OSM is more free-form and develops international standards.

... i'll attempt to finish it up tomorrow, if not, then it'll be next
week. (as im currently working on other things too)

cheers,