[Talk-ca] vreimer again

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 17:53:41 GMT 2010

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Adam Dunn <dunnadam at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it should be pointed out that vreimer hasn't made any edits since
> the blocking, and this buggering up was done beforehand (Feb 13, 2010 to be
> exact). I just think it's worth noting that this Lesser Slave Lake issue is
> not about vreimer continuing to make poor editing decisions post-block. It
> would be quite unfortunate if the blocking has scared vreimer off OSM
> (rather than participating and learning); somebody who spends as much time
> as him on OSM would be a good ally, with more mentorship.

Yes, indeed... I should have stated more correctly:

Now I've noticed that vreimer has caused a problem with Lesser Slave Lake...

In an opensource project like OSM, many hands make light work, but
those hands need to be adding to the quality of the product, not just
quantity.

vreimer is indeed prolific, but at the same time seems to be
introducing quite a bit of less than stellar quality information.

It would be in everyone's best interest to steer this individual
towards more helpful editing of the OSM data.

It just gets frustrating when you find data that was previously
accurately representing the real world has been rendered less than
perfect, and that almost all of these edits all have the same username
associated with them.

James
VE6SRV