[Talk-ca] WMS Layer for canvec data / toporama

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 21:30:26 GMT 2010

Hi all,
I did ask before, but didn't get a reply so i'll ask again :)

http://geogratis.cgdi.gc.ca/geogratis/en/service/toporama.html

According to the website, it should be possable to get a WMS layer service
which shows ALL of the map features that are available in canvec.
This way, we can use it as another source for getting information & just
trace from it.   In some cases, this is actually easier than importing.
Especially in built-up areas. (or in my case, going a great distance but
only interested in mapping the map features that are near the Trans Canada
Trail).

So is this actually possable to get?  I dont know what the exact URL that i
need to enter into JOSM to get it, if anyone knows, it would be great to add
it to the main Canada wiki page.

Currently, (thanks to Austin) im able to get the basic Toporama WMS layer.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada#Natural_Resources_Canada_-_WMS_Layer

Thanks,
Sam

Twitter: @Acrosscanada