[Talk-ca] Canvec Product - osm format

steggink at steggink.org steggink at steggink.org
Wed Mar 10 20:25:44 GMT 2010

Bégin wrote:
> Bonjour tout le monde,
>  I've started to document the Canvec.osm product in the wiki.  I'll
> use the Canvec related pages to do it
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CanVec.
>  The geometric data model is open for discussion
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CanVec:_Geometric_Model
>  The proposed tagging will be updated soon in the corresponding
> Canvec:* pages
>  I'm inviting you to look at the documentation and comment on
> appropriate discussion pages on via this mailling list.
Hi Daniel,

Interesting text. Few comments:
* I've updated the image. The tags on ways 3 and 5 are not needed,
since those are the outer ways of multipolygons. I also removed the
JPEG artefacts (saved as PNG, etc.) and enhanced the color for wooded
areas. By the way, shouldn't there be a node at the intersection of
ways 1 and 3?
* I think it is possible to do imports in the fully integrated model
as well. It isn't necessary to import everything at once, but it could
be done in multiple iterations.

Regards,

Frank