[Talk-ca] FW: Canvec Product - osm format

Bégin, Daniel Daniel.Begin at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Mar 15 13:34:24 GMT 2010

Hi all,

Sam wrote: "So the wiki [...] needs to be grayed out & a notice put at the top indicating this."

I do not want to see it "grayed out" - I'm not imposing something here - I think the first line of each pages is clear enough about what it is ...

About the way tags are described, it might be a good idea to use {{tag|natural|water}} format instead of natural=water; I have tools her that make it easy to eventually replace them but I dont think I will have the time this week!

Discussion has started fo some pages. Be patient, I'll reply soon

Cheers

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: samvekemans at gmail.com [mailto:samvekemans at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Sam Vekemans
Sent: 12 mars 2010 23:50
To: Bégin, Daniel; Talk-CA OpenStreetMap; Tag discussion, strategy and related tools
Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] FW: Canvec Product - osm format

Cool,
As of right now, the wiki is the most current source for the tagging details.

The GoogleDocs chart is not far behind. :-)

Because this is a NRCan vanvec product (directly from the source) any changes to the tagging structure needs to be directly with the talk-ca@ AND NRCan directly, so then the master conversion program can be edited.

So the wiki (although it can be edited) needs to be grayed out & a notice put at the top indicating this.

So, the biggest change is in the new tag 'natural=landform; landform=*' with a few subvalues.
I hope next week we can get that sorted out.

My aim for next week is to get a wiki link/proposal/voting page or detailed section available for ALL of the canvec features. This way, there wont be any surprises once the data is available :-)

This past week i continued work on wiki pages, (with some fierce editing of aboriginal lands as an example) so please join in & help make these wiki pages the best they can be.

Thanks,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails
Victoria, BC