[Talk-ca] Canvec tile splitter 999x33 a to y 5x5 and/or put on a dedicated API?

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 19:05:18 BST 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Adam Dunn <dunnadam at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is possible to use Osmosis in this way. From [1]:
> osmosis --read-xml file="Canvec092C01.osm" --bounding-box top=48.05
> bottom=48 left=-124.1 right=-124 --write-xml file="Canvec092C01A.osm"
>
> For my own work with geobase2osm.py I wrote a small bash shell script that
> will grab coordinates from Frank's site [2] and do most of the work for me,
> outputting an entire area of Geobase, as smaller files. Maybe something
> similar could be put in the toolchain for the Canvec process?
>
> [1]: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis#Extracting_bounding_boxes
> [2]: http://www.steggink.org/geo/nts_area/092C01A

Sweet thanks, i was just asking on the IRC about it. .. yup exactly what i
wanted. :)

and Yes, i already put a request in to NRCan CanVec, as your initial
explanation about this (a few months ago), as clear.    (but not sure if
it'll happen).  Eithor way, for the rest of the imports@ crew, it's handy
for any data source. .. since it all can be converted to .osm,  this should
be put in as a step in the imports pre-processing.   (New Zealand would like
to know this as they are in the planning stages with the LINZ data, they
have already loaded a sample area)

Adam