[Talk-ca] openstreetmap.ca : français/québécois...

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 28 23:08:43 BST 2010

2010/3/27 Nicolas Gignac <gignacnic at gmail.com>

> My last question would be : if we want to use the word "openstreetmap" in
> our domain name, do we need to be supported by some people, organization or
> we can process with this : openstreetmap.qc.ca domain without any problem
> ?

I would go ahead with that domain name, other people make similar named
websites. I don't actually know about the name "OpenStreetMap" but I know
the logo is trademarked by the OpenStreetMap Foundation(OSMF). This was done
mainly so that people can't use it in a negative way, I fairly sure you're
allowed to use it as you're supporting OSM and linking back to them a lot.

You could contact the foundation to check things like this. They are a
friendly bunch from the OSM community, elected by other members. I suspect
at least a couple of the board members know some French too (sorry, I
don't!).
http://www.osmfoundation.org

--
Gregory