[Talk-ca] Land Information Ontario - update

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu May 6 07:35:10 BST 2010

Hi All,

Im working on the Provincial parks dataset
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Land_Information_Ontario:_Provincial_Park_Regulated

I sliced up the big provincial file into regions using OPenJUMP and included
the .prj file for each set.

user: MikeyCarter has been is working on doing a manual conversion of the
canvec data over around the barrie ontario area, and i showed the Toporama
WMS layer, so he can keep on working on it, using the toporata as a
background.  and now working on helping me do the rest of the conversions of
this data.

I uploaded a sample are in the NorthWest ontario, so people can see.
I think leasure=nature_reserve needs to be added to the rules file.

and oh ya,
for those who prefer to use Instant Messenger as a way to communicate.
#osm-ca on irc.oftc.net is always open

Anyone have any  feedback on the tagging?
I think it's a bit better than my other tries for other data

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blogs: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/
http://Acrosscanadatrails.blogspot.com
Skype: samvekemans