[Talk-ca] Canvec.osm / Addressing interpolation?

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Tue May 11 21:22:56 BST 2010

On 11-5-2010 21:37, Richard Weait wrote:

> I'm basing my statement on frequent discussions on #osm-dev and the
> dev mailing list.  One implied source for this is in the default.style
> for osm2pgsql, which only uses

Don't mistake osm2pgsql's default.style as a definitive source or even a
hint. The main and only original purpose for default.style is to define
a set of tags to add to the db, for the sole purpose of rendering a map.

> node,way   addr:flats   text         polygon
> node,way   addr:housenumber    text  linear
> node,way   addr:interpolation  text  linear

Since osm.xml only renders addr:housenumber and addr:interpolation,
anything else* is not necessary. This in no way implies that the other
addr:* tags are unneccesary or even deprecated.

* Yes, don't know why addr:flats would be in there. We don't use it in
the mapnik map.

--
Lennard