[Talk-ca] =?us-ascii?B?UXXpYmVjIHdpa2kgcGFnZQ==?=

Pierre Beland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Sat Nov 27 01:53:22 GMT 2010

I just revamped the Québec wiki page and called it Portail OpenStreetMap pour le Québec.

I wanted to have a more attractive page and structure the information so that It's easier to follow.
See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada:Québec

There was a lot of stuff related to the road network. And the Route Verte bicycle network was not specified on that page. Also, I started to create a Page for Sentier de l'Estrie, a 200km hiking trail in Eastern Townships. And created relations for the various sections of the trail.

I used more attractive presentation, displaced road network stuff in a new page and created three pages related to routes (ie. road, bicycle and hiking). I plan to add to the contents of these pages, the rules to create Relation routes. As you can see in the Sentiers de randonnée pédestre page, I listed the relations related to Sentier de l'Estrie hiking trail network, wich facilitates the follow-up.
LISTES DE SUIVI
Réseau routier du Québec
Itinéraires, Pistes cyclables
Sentiers de randonnée pédestre

Sentier de L'Estrie  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada:Qu%C3%A9bec/Sentier_de_l%27Estrie

In this page, you will find hyperlinks to Hike&BikeMap and Lonvia maps. I have made rendering test using osmc:symbol tag developped by Lonvia and used in Europe.

This is a work in progress. The sections are not all documented yet and I will also add the secondary trails connecting to this main trail.

I started from GPS traces already in OSM and discussed with Sentier de L'Estrie club to present the complete network. We will meet in january on that matter.  I am member of that club wich should faciliate it. You can Look at the maps below to see how the Route relations render on maps. If you make your own rendering tests, you should note that these maps are updated daily. The info on your relation will be copied at 00:00 (Switzerland time). You will see the result the next morning. It remembers me the time when I had two shots a day using keypunched cards.

Zone Bolton map : http://hikebikemap.de/?lat=45.24949&lon=-72.33022&zoom=13&layers=00B00TFFTF
Zone Orford map : http://hikebikemap.de/?lat=45.32232&lon=-72.24731&zoom=13&layers=00B00TFFTF

If you want to comment or make suggestions, it is welcome.

Pierre
(code PierZen)