[Talk-ca] [Talk-GB] oslVosm, OpenData Locator 2010 data and not:name

Tim Francois sk1ppy14 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 16:08:29 BST 2010

Sam et al.,

Warning: This may not be what you are looking for.

Here in the UK the national mapping agency Ordnance Survey have released a
whole load of data which is compatible with the current OSM licence (note
'current' - there's discussion about the new licence and CTs but that's not
for this list...).

One of these is a colon separated list of road names, their centroids and
upper and lower bounds. All my script does is match these road names and
positions with those in OSM, and can produce a gpx, kml or wiki file of
those roads which do not agree.

It only does highways. It is written in php. I'm no professional. However,
the (sparsely commented) source code is available from [1] and I'm available
to provide help if anyone wants to modify it. I've released it as Public
Domain, so go wild!

Tim

[1] http://osm.tiiiim.com/oslVosm