[Talk-ca] [Tagging] trees and waterways

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 00:18:00 BST 2010

Hi,
For the Canada canvec dataset, the map feature is available, and
direction of the way was not taken into account.  So the tag
'oneway=yes' was not used as a preset.

However, for those who are interested in making the waterflow correct
(and render an arrow).  In Canada we do have geobase National
Hydrography set that shows that tag (the data has been converted into
osm format and is available).
And for the rest of the world, by looking at the contour lines on the
cyclemap (or created from groundtruth contours) you can extrapolate
what direction the water flows and add the oneway tag to confirm this.

cheers,
sam