[Talk-ca] Fwd: Re: CanVec import troubles

Adam Dunn dunnadam at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 19:17:02 BST 2010

Daniel: in the area that Samuel is working with, there appear to be ways and
relations that are missing tags.
I opened 064A01.0.osm, and the extreme south-west corner has a way where the
only tag is "source=CanVec 6.0 - NRCan". There are no other tags for this
way (water? wood? wetland?). Similar ways exist about 1/3 of the way up the
western border. The relation the runs the entire length of the northern
border has only the tags {type=multipolygon, source=CanVec}, though it
should probably also have the natural=water tag.

Samuel: this doesn't negate the problems importing relations you are
experiencing, but will cause you some headaches. Wait for Daniel to respond
before continuing to import.

Adam

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Adam Dunn <dunnadam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sam: I'll take one of the "water" relations as an example.  <snip>

Play around with Josm and learn from your mistakes and things will get