[Talk-ca] HWY 7 - Carleton Place to HWY 417

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Thu Dec 15 00:34:11 GMT 2011

Hi All,

I've been in contact with a declining mapper who has said that he will
accept CT/ODbL once he gets rid of some contributions that he made
from sources that he considers incompatible.  As he described it to me
he used cc-license photos from flicker etc., in making these edits.
But apparently without crediting the photographer as would be
required.

He can't remove the data with his declined account.  I've removed the
suspect edits as he has described them to me with the exception of
this one near Ottawa.

Highway 7 from 417 to Carleton Place appears to be twinned now and
upgraded to divided highway.  Aerial imagery appears to be too old to
show the dual carriageway and new junctions.  Some GPS tracks exist in
the area.  Canvec from this August include some of the twinning and
diverted local roads nearer to 417, but not at the Carleton Place end.

Would a contributor in the Carleton Place area please use local
knowledge, and new survey to rip and replace Highway 7 from 417 to
Carleton Place?  That will purge any contributions that contributor
may have concerns about.

I hope that will allow the user in question to accept with a clear
conscience.  The user said he plans to agree "later".  I hope that
with us cleaning up the things he was worried about he'll see the
benefit in agreeing now.

Please let us know if you are going to do this work near Ottawa, and
if so, let us know again when it is done.

Best regards,
Richard