[Talk-ca] Proposal: Cleanup of NHN ways in BC

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Tue Feb 22 14:23:34 GMT 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Sam Vekemans
<acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com> wrote:

> Besides the 'routing restrictings and anti-canoests... is their
> another reason people don't like an arrow on rivers?

Dear Sam,

Let me be clear about this.  I am not now, nor have I ever been
"anti-canoeist."  Some of my friends have been canoiests.  I have been
a canoeist myself, in my younger days.  And sometimes, I even canoed
upstream.  Your "arrows" as you call them, are infringing on the
freedom of canoeists to paddle upstream.  ;-)

Seriously though.  If you like arrows on your flow lines, then render
them that way yourself, or submit a patch to render flow line arrows
for everybody.  Ways have direction and no additional tag is required
to handle this.  Just a rendering rule.

Best regards,
Richard