[Talk-ca] Using ImportImagePlugin in JOSM

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 19:02:09 GMT 2011

Hi,
Sure, can you send a link to the .zip file containing those maps that you
need converted?

In Victoria, there is a meet-up group called Victoria geo-geeks, i can pass
it on and ask around if i cant figure it out :)  There is also the osgeo
mailing lists who has a wide variety of experts.   (For stuff like this
which is slightly out of OSM-land)
Other software might be needed in the in-turn for re-projecting to a format
that JOSM likes.

If it's just .jpg that needs to be stretched mapwarper is a cool tool for
it.
http://mapwarper.net/
and depending on the area your looking at, we can see if their is other
datasets that are available, and just not yet in OSM (but could be, ... if
...)