[Talk-ca] Highway-waterway intersection errors at Keepright

Connors, Bernie (SNB) Bernie.Connors at snb.ca
Wed May 18 19:00:16 BST 2011

I was just looking at the data consistency checks shown at keepright:
Keepright map: http://bit.ly/l7cuEt
OSM map: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.8767591416836&lon=-66.6975608468056&zoom=18

I was especially looking at the errors shown for highway-waterway intersections.  For example the errors where the footpaths cross Berry Brook in New Maryland, NB.  The error states "This highway intersects the waterway #103730883".  The footpath and the brook do not have any common nodes so there is no "intersection".  I think it is more correct to say "this highway crosses the waterway".

My question is - should I be making any changes to the data for these highway-waterway intersections?  These water crossings are very insignificant and the water passes through a small culvert (pipe) so I don't think adding a bridge is appropriate.

Bernie.
--
Bernie Connors, P.Eng
Manager - Spatial Data Infrastructure