[Talk-ca] Railway network

Matthew Buchanan matthew.ian.buchanan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 21:30:41 GMT 2011

I have started to enter VIA Rail routes into OSM. Currently I'm working on train number 1 and 2, the westbound and eastbound Canadian. I started in Kamloops and I'm working my way towards Vancouver.

There are some things that I need to fix. In the Fraser and Thompson canyons the westbound and eastbound trains use different tracks, so I'll have to create some oneway sections. I'm not sure how.

If someone wants to create parts of the route in say Ontario, how does that work? Does the entire route need to be built by connecting ways to it that are joining it? I.e. From Kamloops to the east?

The route shows up distinctively on the Open PT map. http://openptmap.org/. At higher zooms, rail transit lines show up, followed by bus routes, and bus stops.

I just noticed some routes in the east have been entered.