[Talk-ca] BC Open Data License compatibility

Russell Porter contact at russellporter.com
Mon Sep 5 00:35:57 BST 2011

Hi,

What is the status on the BC Open Data site launched earlier this year?

License: http://www.data.gov.bc.ca/dbc/admin/terms.page?

It looks fine to me, but i know licensing is a big problem with osm.

In particular, i am looking at doing a manual import of protected areas amd
hiking trails (I imported a bunch of NrCan protected areas a while back)

Finally, another license question. Since Sam V. (across canada trails)
released his contribs as PD, cant i just re-import them into OSM on my
account under odbl?

Thanks,
Russell