[Talk-ca] BC Open Data License compatibility

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 01:51:09 BST 2011

The issue with using data like this with OSM is when you contribute it under
the new contribution terms you accept that OSM can change the license at a
later date.  Practically speaking it makes it impossible to respect any
other license so currently only PD data and things you have explicitly
mapped yourself are safe.

In the OSM talk thread there are people who seem to think that all imports
are bad and I suspect the license change clause was put in by them to
discourage imports.

Cheerio John