[Talk-ca] OSM PEI Canada

Danny Lane lane.dj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 00:44:17 GMT 2012

Hi Folks

I'm new to the OSM - using my Nexus 7 Android device I find that depending on the program you use, you get different results. All these programs are using the Open Street Map - some have no POI, City name, etc while others appear to be better. My observation are for Prince Edward Island, Canada.

Free Android Apps
NavFree - with OSM Canada 2012 & Postcodes Canada
 -Is really poor, few city name's, no POI, missing lots of streets, etc

OSMAnd - using OSM prince-edward-island northamerica OSM map
- has alot of POI, street names, etc...

So my assumption that OSM for PEI Canada was missing alot of data may not be correct - just that some companies maybe using only a subset of the available data.

What is the best tool on Andriod or Windows to do some verification of the OSM maps for Prince Edward Island? The Province has alot of GIS data that could be imported into OSM - but they use a different format ie: NTX and I don't know how to convert NTX to OSM format?

Danny