[Talk-ca] Re : Closed Road Tagging

Harald Kliems kliems at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 01:45:45 GMT 2012

Hi Daniel,

2012/2/25 Daniel Begin <jfd553 at hotmail.com>:
> Le problème est qu'il n'y a pas de construction sur la route. J'utilise ce
> tag seulement lorsqu'il s'agit d'un vrai chantier...

For this reason, I still think that  access=no is the cleanest
solution, no matter what mapnik renders. The only alternative I can
see is using the disused tag
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:disused ). The wiki does not
mention highways, but if you look at the description I think it
matches quite nicely with the problem at hand. And tagwatch says that
there are some instances where people have used disused=* in
combination with highway=*. But this most certainly won't solve your
rendering issue and should probably be discussed on the tagging list.

Harald.
--
Please use encrypted communication whenever possible!
Key-ID: 0x199DC50F