[Talk-ca] Duplicated ways

Daniel Begin jfd553 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 17:28:21 GMT 2012

Bonjour,

I'm cleaning up my area for relicensing problems and I have found duplicated
ways that raise some questions - not related to relicensing problems.

One is a bicycle track/route I created few years ago, the other is a hiking
trail/route imported later. Both merge near the "Chemin Keenan" bridge and
share the same tracks/roads for 3 km. The hiking trail was drawn few meters
offset even if it was not physically separated on the field.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.62953&lon=-72.1247&zoom=16&layers=M

I was about to remove the hiking trail ways and transfer the relation=route
to the existing tracks/roads when I saw the unusual number of tags attached
to it. The problem is that some of them are referring to the entire hiking
trail (name, operator, ...) while others are specific to ways used (access,
highway, surface, ...) .

For instance the relation (id=48112682) has the following tags...

access=permit, highway=trail, surface=dirt

While some shared segments have the following tags...

highway=tertiary, surface=paved, and there is no access restriction.

Best move to do ?

Daniel