[Talk-ca] Cleanup

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Thu Jan 26 19:18:23 GMT 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Andrew Allison
<andrew.allison at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> I'm currently removing / replacing the data in the London area.

I just had a look and London looks much better than last time I looked
at it.  Nice job!

> How many mappers are there out there, that are recreating the currently
> tainted map data?

We see a few in this thread.  In Canada, we're few and far between in
general.  The same will be true for remappers.  We're determined too
though.  :-)

> Right now I'm using the OSM inspector to flag what I have to replace.
> If / Once the data is purged I would not know what needs to be done.

Since we're talking about two accounts and v1 data, have a look in
JOSM and use select-all, then look at the list of authors.  If you see
those two accounts in that list; that's data potentially effected.  in
London, there will likely be few objects.

> As a side note, I was using the JOSM plugin to flag the tainted data.
> But using the OSM inspector seems to flag a lot more data. Personally I
> would like to know, which tool is a better indicator of what is going to
> be removed.

So, the inspector and the josm plugin use the same data.  They should
be equally-up-to-date.  Make sure you have a recent josm and
licensedetails plugin.  There was a bug fix a week or two ago to help
with data by anonymous accounts.