[Talk-ca] Canvec in Potlatch 2

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 01:16:18 BST 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:38 AM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> I've made a little change to Potlatch 2 that will ease the process of
>
> Potlatch's approach is very much "here is some data that you can use to help
> your mapping", rather than "here is some data you can upload in bulk", and
> the idea is that you load the data as a vector background then "pull
> through" the bits you want.

Sweet! I was tempted to go to the dark side to be able to "import"
CanVec data with Merkaartor or JOSM, but I missed the intuitive
interface that Potlatch provides.

Not only do I have my cake, but I get to eat it as well... I think
there's even icing on it these days!

Thanks for all the work you do making these tools so easy to use and
integrated so well!

--
James
VE6SRV